Posts Tagged Saul Alinsky
They ALL fit this asshole. Pick your favorite. 44 said: If I had a son, he’d look like eric holder..
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/#ixzz1sLBLDXQj
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat…. [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time….”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside… every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’…
“…any target can always say, ‘Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?’ When your ‘freeze the target,’ you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments…. Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the ‘others’ come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target…’
OBAMA’S ALINSKY STRATEGY: WHO’S NEXT?
“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.” The death of Trayvon Martin is is a tragedy–as was the death of a 6-year-old girl named Aliyah Shell (photo above), caught in the crossfire of gang violence over St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Chicago.
But Aliyah’s story received very little coverage, despite the event being more recent than the Martin tragedy, and despite the fact that it happened in President Barack Obama’s very own Chicago on a weekend when 49 people were shot and 10 others were killed.
- Shown here is the late community organizer Saul Alinsky.
A Saul Alinsky-tied group has been awarded a $56 million federal loan to start up a nonprofit health insurance company — one of several organizations across the country this week tapped to launch a new network of insurers under the sponsorship of the federal health care overhaul.
The Wisconsin group, Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative, was awarded the funding on Tuesday. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, the group is expected to provide coverage statewide within five years after starting on a smaller scale in early 2014.
..with Obama insisting that BLACKMAIL offends him, the two parties agreed to change that term TO: JEWMAIL. Who said this Obama guy isn’t sharp, huh?
Reached for comment, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, completely agreed with the Obama term of JEWMAIL. Additonal comments made by Mrs. Clinton, after reportedly calling strategist and advisor Dick Morris “a F%#&ing Jew Bastard“, said that played no role whatsoever in her endorsement of the Obama term.
When asked on follow up, whether SHE ever referred to Saul Alinsky as a “F&^#ing Jew Bastard“, Clinton surprised shouted “JEW”, no no, his name was O’linsky. Mr. Obama concurred stating “Alinsky”?, absolutely not, he was Irish, just as I am. O’bama, remembe?. A shouted follow up question was replied with “Come On Guys”, by Mr. O’bama..
Also present at this impromptu meeting, were Van Jones, Malik Shabazz and Jeremiah Wright.
Exhibit A is CNN’s Soledad O’Brien. Earlier this week, she hosted a segment that tried to de-link Obama from Chicago socialist Saul Alinsky. The late Alinsky is the father of community organizing and the author of the far-left bible “Rules for Radicals.”
O’Brien opened her piece by scolding GOP front-runner Newt Gingrich for warning Obama “will represent Saul Alinsky (and) European socialism” in a second term. “President Obama has never said that he was influenced by Alinsky,” O’Brien insisted.
Of course he hasn’t. He’s not stupid enough to publicly link himself to a socialist. But the record is clear that he was in fact influenced by Alinsky, if only CNN’s “journalists” would do their homework. Allow us to do it for them:
In 1988, Obama even wrote a chapter for the book “After Alinsky: Community Organizing in Illinois,” in which he lamented organizers’ “lack of power” in implementing change.
Obama also taught Alinsky’s “Power Analysis” methods at the University of Chicago.
During the presidential campaign, Obama hired one of his Gamaliel mentors, Mike Kruglik, to train young campaign workers in Alinsky tactics at “Camp Obama,” a school set up at Obama headquarters in Chicago. The tactics helped Obama capture the youth vote like no other president before him.
And more at the IBD link..
According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”
The president announced a new campaign to shrink the federal government, a proposal notable less for its goal than for its challenge to a hostile Congress.
Just can’t keep a good Alinsky student down, eh?
Rule 4: Make opponents live up to their own book of rules.
Rule 8: Keep the pressure on. Use different tactics and actions and use all events of the period for your purpose.
Rule 10: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
Terrific News. If the below happens, our nation will have TWO Alinsky’ites from Chicago, roaming around the D.C.
By Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 25, 2007
CHICAGO — The job offer to “Miss Hillary Rodham, Wellesley College” was dated Oct. 25, 1968, and signed by Saul D. Alinsky, the charismatic community organizer who believed that the urban poor could become their own best advocates in a world that largely ignored them.
Alinsky thought highly of 21-year-old Rodham, a student government president who grew up in the Chicago suburbs. She was in the midst of a year-long analysis of Alinsky’s aggressive mobilizing tactics, and he was searching for “competent political literates” to move to Chicago to build grass-roots organizations.
Seventeen years later, another young honor student was offered a job as an organizer in Chicago. By then, Alinsky had died, but a group of his disciples hired Barack Obama, a 23-year-old Columbia University graduate, to organize black residents on the South Side, while learning and applying Alinsky’s philosophy of street-level democracy. The recruiter called the $13,000-a-year job “very romantic, until you do it.”
Perry On Letterman: Cain, Gingrich, Perry, Romney (alphabetical order)..BUT, I’d support a Snickers candy bar over the Alinsky idiot that’s in office now..
I like the man, but as has been pointed out the debating part, is just not his thing. Especially with the left wing media, “occupiers” and OTHER vermin STILL in love with the person THEY elected in 2008.
With that in mind, I think all of sane minded understand that since millions believe that debates make the leader, even Gingrich with el primo debating skills, will be pilloried, lashed and whipped to death by those that want freedoms designated ONLY for themselves and the hell with anyone, or everyone else.