Posts Tagged Afghanistan
Gen Allen praised the military cooperation between US and Afghan forces which led to Dr Joseph’s release.
“I’m proud of the American and Afghan forces that planned, rehearsed and successfully conducted this operation. Thanks to them, Dr Joseph will soon be rejoining his family and loved ones,” he said.
British forces took part in the operation, which was authorised by Prime Minister David Cameron. Bravo Brits..
DARING RAID FREES AID WORKERS IN AFGHANISTAN
NATO special forces rescued two foreign women and killed five kidnappers in a “breath-taking” pre-dawn raid on Saturday on a cave in Afghanistan‘s remote and mountainous Badakhshan province.
The women, who worked for Swiss-based charity Medair, were named as Briton Helen Johnston, 28, and Kenyan Moragwe Oirere, 26. Two Afghan colleagues kidnapped with them on May 22 were also freed unharmed.All are well, Afghan officials told AFP.
That Dear Brits, is a bad mistake, BUT it is your nation’s decision. Why is michelle pictured, is she carrying 44’s balls in her purse?
Let Afghanistan, along with all of the other islamic areas, live with their own creation. Allow them to stone, lash, behead, blow up each other, to their heart’s content..
Must-See Video: Child With Cerebral Palsy Welcomes Home Marine Dad By Walking to Him for the First Time..
Well, get your tissues ready — this emotional reunion will be sure to get you choked up. Marine and father of six Staff Sgt. Jeremy Cooney and his wife were told their son Michael – who has cerebral palsy – would never be able to do much on his own. But while Cooney was serving in Afghanistan for seven months, Michael proved any naysayers wrong by learning to walk.
Video at link above. Still shot, below.
Hey, when you have a good plan as #44 did, how can you lose? EASY, that’s how. Look at all the Arab Spring democracies..
Incompetence, haste costs US $80 million and consulate in Northern Afghanistan; Update:CODEL reports Taliban gaining strength
http://hotair.com/ by Ed Morrissey
Last week, I traveled to Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Armarillo, Texas to ride in a 100 kilometer mountain bike ride with former President George W. Bush and 20 severely wounded veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns.
Mano a mano, he was relaxed, witty and wise. After the first day’s ride, for example, he urged the other bikers on by joking, “I’m on Medicare, and you’re on one leg, so let’s get to bed after dinner and get some sleep.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/03/my-100-kilometer-mountain-bike-ride-with-president-bush-and-20-wounded-warriors/#ixzz1tvRLoCC3
1. Dedicate a round of golf to the people of Afghanistan.
2. Send Michelle for a symbolic vacation to Jalalabad.
3. Ask the Afghans if they’d like the Russians back instead.
4. Head to a local Afghan restaurant and bow to the wait staff.
5. Offer to make Afghanistan’s heroin “The Official Heroin of the United States.”
6. Give Afghan children a permanent exemption from Michelle’s “Let’s Move” school lunch offerings.
9. Set up a program to provide virgins to Afghan men who refuse to commit suicide bombings.
10. Demand an apology from Afghanistan for the more than 1,800 U.S. forces killed since the start of the war.
Gosh, I forgot the “stuff it” message: Obama apology not accepted, Taliban urge death for U.S. troops
Bu-but, it’s my duty as a, umm, uhh, err..leader, Yeah leader. Pheww, almost eff’d that one over, BIG TIME..
- As protests continue across Afghanistan in response to the burning of Korans at a military base, Obama sends Afghanistan letter of ‘deep regret,’ while Taliban call for continued attacks on Americans across the country.
- Man in Afghan Army Uniform Kills 2 American Troops
- VIDEO: White House Reacts to Protests