Archive for September, 2011
To gain more influence, states battle to hold their primaries as early as January
on the heels of the holidays and 10 months before the general election.
Do you like him any better now?No?Me neither………Congratulations, you’re not a racist.
CRONY CAPITALISM: A CONCISE HISTORY OF OBAMA’S SOLYNDRA SCANDAL
via Breitbart TV/YouTube Video..
Italians usually get the credit for inventing pizza, but some people believe that Turkish pide (flatbreads with toppings) may have come first. This recipe is an adaptation of a pizza discovered in a street-side cafe in the Mediterranean coastal city of Antalya.
Yield: one 14 1/2-by-9 1/2-inch pizza, for 6 slices
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 12 ounces Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough (recipe follows) or other prepared dough
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin-olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (2 medium)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion, such as Vidalia (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper (1 pepper)
- 2 ounces sliced pastrami, diced (1/2 cup), optional
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat oven to 500° F or highest setting. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and dust with cornmeal.
- Prepare Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough, if using.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 15-by-10-inch oval. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Turn edges under to make a slight rim. Brush the rim with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Sprinkle cheese over the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and pastrami, if using. Season with pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place the baking sheet on the heated pizza stone (or baking sheet) and bake the pizza until the bottom is crisp and golden, 10 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
Recipe Tips & Notes:
- To bake this recipe directly on a pizza stone, make two 14-by-7-inch oval pizzas.
Per slice: 286 calories; 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat, 6 g mono unsaturated fat); 31 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 3 g fiber; 513 mg sodium; 281 mg potassium
Nutrtion Bonus: 20% dv Vitamin A, 13 mg Vitamin C (20% dv), 171 mg Calcium (15% dv), 15% dv Fiber.
2 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
Special Health Consideration(s):
High Calcium − Diabetes Appropriate − Healthy Weight − Low Calorie
See More Nutrition Guidelines
Hear how a brave medical team saved the life of a woman who had a live explosive embedded between her upper and lower jaws.
Reuters via Breitbart..
The chaos in the Republican presidential primary calendar could land Iowa’s first-in-the-nation caucuses on January 2, said political scientist Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.
“It’s ridiculous,” Sabato said. “It’s turning the election into the grinch that stole Christmas. Everybody’s had their Christmas wiped out. It’s no wonder people get sick of politics.”