Posts Tagged Taliban
Gen Allen praised the military cooperation between US and Afghan forces which led to Dr Joseph’s release.
“I’m proud of the American and Afghan forces that planned, rehearsed and successfully conducted this operation. Thanks to them, Dr Joseph will soon be rejoining his family and loved ones,” he said.
Hey, when you have a good plan as #44 did, how can you lose? EASY, that’s how. Look at all the Arab Spring democracies..
Incompetence, haste costs US $80 million and consulate in Northern Afghanistan; Update:CODEL reports Taliban gaining strength
http://hotair.com/ by Ed Morrissey
1. Dedicate a round of golf to the people of Afghanistan.
2. Send Michelle for a symbolic vacation to Jalalabad.
3. Ask the Afghans if they’d like the Russians back instead.
4. Head to a local Afghan restaurant and bow to the wait staff.
5. Offer to make Afghanistan’s heroin “The Official Heroin of the United States.”
6. Give Afghan children a permanent exemption from Michelle’s “Let’s Move” school lunch offerings.
9. Set up a program to provide virgins to Afghan men who refuse to commit suicide bombings.
10. Demand an apology from Afghanistan for the more than 1,800 U.S. forces killed since the start of the war.
Gosh, I forgot the “stuff it” message: Obama apology not accepted, Taliban urge death for U.S. troops
Bu-but, it’s my duty as a, umm, uhh, err..leader, Yeah leader. Pheww, almost eff’d that one over, BIG TIME..
- As protests continue across Afghanistan in response to the burning of Korans at a military base, Obama sends Afghanistan letter of ‘deep regret,’ while Taliban call for continued attacks on Americans across the country.
- Man in Afghan Army Uniform Kills 2 American Troops
- VIDEO: White House Reacts to Protests
Well of course they aren’t! They are to busy killing American and other NATO forces, for the nation. Priorities people, priorities..
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) – After 10 years of bloody battle in Afghanistan, the United States is trolling for Taliban officials to talk peace with before the July drawdown of American troops. Washington‘s special envoy, Marc Grossman, has a one-point agenda: to reconcile Afghanistan’s warring…
..The Taliban, Al-Qaeda along with other varieties of this Neanderthal Islamic cult, sense victory and further their thinking that their way, did in fact defeat the U.S. and coalition forces.
THIS, will not slake their thirst for more and more blood..
To understand why Pakistan nurtured the Taliban and sheltered Osama bin Laden, to understand why Pakistan outraced every other Muslim country in building an atomic bomb – to understand what makes Pakistan tick, it’s necessary to consider this: India.
Since 1947, when the new nations of India and Pakistan were born in the dying days of the British Empire, Pakistan has lived in terror of its much larger neighbor. It is convinced that India poses an existential threat – both from the east, where India itself looms like a devouring beast, and from the west, where India is spending heavily to bolster its influence in Afghanistan.
There is almost nothing Pakistan does without thinking about India.